Navigating to the necessary webpage:
- On your phone, head to hourcar.org/hca
- Log into your account
- Review the list of your upcoming reservations and click on the reservation you’re currently trying to access
- You will be directed to a reservation summary page. At the top of this page, you should see a large gray button with two padlock symbols on it. The upper part of the button has an “unlock” symbol and the lower part of the button has a “lock” symbol
To swipe in and begin the reservation:
- Once you have arrived at your reserved HOURCAR, click the “unlock” symbol (upper half of the large gray button)
- Wait for the doors to unlock
- Enter the car and open the glove compartment to access the keypad
- Follow the prompts on the keypad screen to begin your reservation
To swipe out at the end of your reservation:
- Make sure the HOURCAR keys are securely inserted into the keypad (the car will not lock if the keys aren’t returned properly)
- Pull up hourcar.org/hca (use the directions above if the session you used to unlock the car has timed out on your phone)
- Select the reservation you are trying to end. You will be directed to the reservation summary page with the gray padlock button
- Press the “lock” symbol (lower half of the large gray button)
- Wait for the doors to lock. Double check them by pulling on the door handle.
- Once you have confirmed that the car is securely locked, you can be on your way!
Virtual swiping is analogous to swiping your card/fob. The same rules and limits regarding car access that apply to apply. A virtual swipe cannot unlock an HOURCAR if you don’t have a reservation. Additionally, you can’t unlock an HOURCAR car to retrieve forgotten items if you’ve already ended your reservation so make sure you have all of your belongings before exiting and locking the HOURCAR.
You can save time logging on by pinning the HOUCAR webpage to your phone’s home screen.