HOURCAR, the Twin Cities’ oldest and only non-profit car-sharing organization, operates a fleet of cars and trucks stationed at various locations (hubs) throughout Minneapolis and Saint Paul out of our Saint Paul office. Our dedicated and endlessly quirky team seeks a new colleague to be our Fleet Operations Administrator.
The Fleet Operations Administrator will work a full-time schedule of 40 hours per week. The exact schedule is flexible depending on the applicant’s availability, but hours must be worked between 8:00 am and 7:00 pm Monday through Friday each week. Pay for this position is $16-$18/hour.
The Fleet Operations Administrator plays the integral role of managing the daily communication between the Fleet and Member Services teams while keeping member satisfaction a top priority. It’ll be your job to make sure all of the important details get relayed to the right person in a timely manner and assist with fleet-specific administrative tasks.
After adequate training, the Fleet Operations Administrator will be added to our paid evening on-call rotation.
Full-time positions at HOURCAR include an 2% employer SIMPLE IRA contribution, health and dental benefits, HSA account, transit stipend, and long-term disability and life insurance. There is enormous potential to grow with this organization.
As Fleet Operations Administrator, YOU WILL:
- Run daily fleet reports and verification
- Relay key information about day-to-day incidents between the Fleet and Member Services teams
- Assist with reservations, incident reporting, and updates within HOURCAR’s fleet management system
- Complete and distribute fleet-related documentation, light filing, and occasional word processing
- Assist in titling and tab renewal of fleet vehicles
- Schedule 3rd party repair appointments and maintain calendar
- Assist in supply check and part ordering
- Occasionally do in-field duties as assigned, including cleaning, sanitizing, relocating vehicles between hubs, and snow clearing
- Adhere to all safety and material handling procedures
- Keep member retention, experience, and satisfaction top priority in everything you do
- Other duties as necessary
THINGS YOU HAVE:
- A clean driving record with at least 3 years of licensed driving. This is a requirement for driving an Hourcar, which is an essential part of this position. Please seeour Membership Qualifications for specifics.
- Access to a smartphone
- Access to a reliable car with insurance coverage; mileage driven for HOURCAR purposes will be reimbursed at the federal rate.
SKILLS YOU HAVE:
- Play (and work) well with others
- Cordiality and respect for diverse audiences at all times, including honoring gender identities and using correct pronouns
- Start-up mentality with a long-range, big picture track record
- Otherworldly ability to adapt to changing priorities while maintaining a high quality of work
- Curiosity and willingness to learn, ask questions, and improve
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple things at once, at times under very high pressure
- Dazzling customer service smile and voice
- Excellent skills communicating by email, phone, text, and in-person
BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Interest in green and alternative energies or environmentalism
- Knowledge of P&L and cost analysis
- Basic understanding of carsharing
AS FOR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, YOU:
- Must be able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift 10-20 pounds
- Must occasionally be able to walk, crawl, climb and use upper extremities to push and pull
- Must have ability to use tools and equipment that require eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity and repetitive motion
- Will have frequent interactions with members and co-workers that require talking, hearing, and listening
- Must be able to see, read, and concentrate on the tasks at hand
- Must be comfortable working in various weather conditions
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
HOURCAR is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. It is the policy of HOURCAR to hire without discrimination because of race, creed, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual or affectional orientation, gender identity, ancestry, familial status, age, disability, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance. Women, BIPOC and GLBTQIA+ folks are strongly encouraged to apply.