$16 – $18 an hour
Driver’s License (Required)
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
HOURCAR is a nonprofit carsharing company in the Twin Cities, offering a fleet of shared-use vehicles to its members through an online reservation system with 24/7 access at any of its 40+ carsharing hubs. In summer 2021, HOURCAR will launch Evie Community Carshare, a new all-electric one-way carsharing service, with 150 electric vehicles supported by 70 mobility hubs with charging infrastructure. With a focus on equitable and affordable mobility, HOURCAR will be at the leading edge of transportation innovation
The HOURCAR Fleet Associate is responsible for the repositioning of fleet vehicles in addition to the day-to-day cleaning and sanitizing of vehicles according to a schedule. HOURCAR’s fleet vehicles are located at various locations throughout Minneapolis and Saint Paul, in addition to Evie Carshare’s free-floating fleet of 150 electric vehicles. The Fleet Associate must provide their own vehicle for transportation between sites, as well as a smart phone with data. Mileage is reimbursed at the federal rate.
The HOURCAR Fleet Associate will work a full-time schedule of 40 hours per week as scheduled with some weekend shifts required.
· Adherence to all federal and state-regulated safety and compliance requirements while on the clock and while using HOURCAR facilities and equipment
· Adherence to HOURCAR COVID-19 response and sanitization protocol including social-distancing and wearing provided or sufficient PPE at fleet visits and in shared spaces unless vaccinated
· Daily in-field interior/exterior cleaning, sanitizing, and overall vehicle condition checks as assigned by the Fleet Operations Team
· Accurate and timely dispersal of tabs, registration, and marketing materials to vehicles
· Assist in transporting fleet vehicles to and from HUB sites or other areas as assigned
· Assist in seasonal inspections and organizational projects as needed
· Accurate and timely submission of timecards, mileage, and receipts
· Interest in renewable energy, shared mobility, and strengthening the community
· Reliability and promptness
· Enthusiasm and pride in your work
· Ability to work independently with a self-starting attitude
· Comfort working alone, outdoors and in parking ramps in a range of MN weather conditions
· Excellent skills communicating by email, phone, and in person
· Must own a reliable car with appropriate insurance coverage
· Must own a smart phone with application abilities for GPS and HOURCAR fleet ticketing and car access
· Possess clean driving record with at least 3 years of licensed driving. This is a requirement for driving an HOURCAR, which is an essential part of this position. Please see https://hourcar.org/membership_qualifications/ for specifics
· Ability to read a map or use GPS and interpret directions
· Ability to effectively and cordially interact with diverse audiences at all times, including respecting staff members’ identities, using correct pronouns, and respecting different styles of learning and interacting.
· Must be able to tolerate working inside and outside with frequent temperature changes that may be extreme.
· Must be able to drive and operate a vehicle.
· Fleet employees must agree to abide by the rules laid out in the HOURCAR Terms & Conditions which includes not smoking in HOURCAR vehicles. If an employee is a smoker, cigarette smell must not be transferred from employee’s clothing to the interior of the HOURCARs.
· Requires frequent sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, balancing and reaching.
· Must be able to walk, crawl, climb and use extremities to push and pull.
· Ability to frequently use products and equipment that require eye-hand coordination, finger dexterity and repetitive motion.
· Frequent interactions with co-workers that require talking, hearing, and listening.
· Ability to see, read, and concentrate on assigned tasks.
HOURCAR provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations