Qualifications for Membership
All members must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Have at least one (1) year of fully licensed driving experience in the calendar year prior to application.
- Driving experience while holding a provisional license qualifies, but driving experience on a learner’s permit does not.
- Have had no major traffic violations in the past three (3) years and no violations related to drugs and/or alcohol in the past seven (7) years.
- Major violations include (but are not limited to) excessive speeding (15+ mph over the limit), driving to endanger, leaving the scene of an accident, driving with a suspended/revoked license, vehicular felonies, school bus violations, etc.
- Violations of Minnesota’s hands-free law are considered minor violations.
- Parking tickets are not considered traffic violations.
If you are:
21+ years old and have at least three (3) years of licensed driving experience: you may have no more than one (1) minor traffic violation in the past 18 months AND no more than two (2) minor traffic violations in the past three (3) years.
Under 21 and/or have less than three (3) years of licensed driving experience: you must have no minor or major traffic violations.
HOURCAR reserves the right to deny membership at its discretion. Members must notify HOURCAR immediately should they become non-compliant with any of these qualifications. If you have questions about your application, please contact us at email@example.com
Out-of-state and international licenses
HOURCAR is based in Minnesota, but our members come from all over the world. Depending where your license was issued, we may need you to provide additional documentation of your driving experience and history. Third parties like HOURCAR are currently barred by law from retrieving driving records from the following US states: California, Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, Virginia, and Washington. If your license and driving history is from one of those states or outside of the United States, we will contact you via email or phone after we receive your application to help you get what you need.